SENTINEL® SPECTRUM® (milbemycin oxime/ lufenuron/ praziquantel)
Get protection against 6 different kinds of parasites including tapeworms.
For the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis; for the prevention and control of flea populations (Ctenocephalides felis); and for the treatment and control of adult roundworm (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina), adult hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum), adult whipworm (Trichuris vulpis), and adult tapeworm (Taenia pisiformis, Echinococcus multilocularis, and Echinococcus granulosus) infections in dogs and puppies two pounds of body weight or greater and six weeks of age and older.
- Prevents heartworm disease. Milbemycin oxime has been proven to be effective against heartworms (Dirofilaria immitis) by eliminating the tissue stage of adult larvae.
- Treats and controls adult tapeworms. Praziquantel, a well-established and trusted anthelimintic molecule, is considered the standard of care when treating and controlling tapeworms (Taenia pisiformis, Echinococcus multilocularis, and Echinococcus granulosus).
- Treats and controls adult hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm. Eliminates the adult stage of hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum), roundworm (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina), and whipworm (Trichuris vulpis).
- Stops fleas* from developing. Lufenuron helps prevent flea eggs from hatching, therefore controlling the development of flea populations (Ctenocephalides felis).
- Offers more protection than comparable heartworm disease preventives. Now you can provide your patients more coverage with just 1 monthly dose.1
- Convenient, effective monthly dosing. Just one dose a month with a meal.
- Easily administered. Dogs love the taste, making administration easy on your clients. To ensure adequate absorption, always administer SENTINEL SPECTRUM to dogs immediately after or in conjunction with a normal meal.
- Available in a variety of dosing sizes. Prescribe just the right dose for toy, small, medium, and large dogs. For dogs weighing more than 100 lbs, simply combine appropriate size tablets.
* Prevents flea eggs from hatching; is not an adulticide.
Dogs should be tested for heartworm prior to use. Mild hypersensitivity reactions have been noted in some dogs carrying a high number of circulating microfilariae. Treatment with fewer than 6 monthly doses after the last exposure to mosquitoes may not provide complete heartworm prevention. Please see full product label for more information.
Reference: 1. Data on file, Virbac Corporation.